Friday 11 January 2013

Home Made Banana Icecream!

Ok, so I will start by saying I saw this on Pinterest. (I can't remember where it had been pinned from but want to be clear that I'm not claiming this an my own original idea)

Anyway, this is my first time making my own ice cream and this could not have been easier! The one and ONLY ingredient is Bananas.

You start off by getting some over ripe bananas and slicing them into medium slices. Then place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and pop them into the freezer. (I used a plastic container as my freezer is too full for a baking tray)

Once frozen, remove from freezer and place into either a blender or food processor, whichever you have handy. Then just blend! It will start by chopping the pieces and slowly it just becomes this smooth banana goodness :)

Either eat straight away or put back in the freezer for later!

You can also add choc chips, Flake or peanut butter even, for added flavour! Although this tastes pretty awesome as is.


(Note: I used about 6 small bananas which ended up filling only a sandwich sized container, so if you want larger amounts just increase the number of bananas. You may need to blend in batches though)




No comments:

Post a Comment