These are great for kids and the young at heart. Perfect with shoestring fries!
They would be a good addition to a children's party. Easy to make and tasty too! If you want to add some "hidden veg" you can easily do so by chopping it finely and mixing it into the mince.
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs (I use multigrain crumbs, with added parmesan and sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Additionally you need,
- Dinner rolls
- Cheese slices
- Oil Spray
- Metal Egg Ring
- In a mixing bowl combine all the burger ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Spray your egg with lightly with the oil.
- Press your mince mixture into the egg ring. Gently lift the ring off of the patty and continue with the rest of the mince mixture. (I got 10 mini patties out of this amount)
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes before cooking.
- Lightly spray your frying pan (or BBQ) and cook the patties until browned on either side.
- Cut your dinner rolls in half, butter lightly if required. Lay small cheese slices on the bottom piece.
- Place your cooked patty on the cheese while hot. Add your sauce and replace the top of the bun.
I bought my dinner rolls from Foodland. You can get them from Bakers Delight but its best to get there early as they sell out. Also as Bakers Delight keep them in the open air, I've found they can go crusty during the day.