This goes really well with steak and schnitzel. If you prefer surf and turf just add your shrimp or prawns at the end of the cooking process.
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 115g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream (you can use reduced fat if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the butter and garlic in a small saucepan over med to high heat depending on your stove top.
- Add the flour gradually and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add the stock and cream and stir until combined.
- Return to the heat and stir until thickened.
- Stir in chopped parsley and serve immediately.
HINT: If you don't use it all in one meal, don't worry as you can freeze it. When you go to thaw it and reheat next time, you may find that the butter has separated a little from the rest of the sauce. This isn't a problem as all you need to do is stir it back together.