Getting a newborn to sleep in this heat can be a challenge, especially , when she is swaddled (we used Swaddle Pods). While the Swaddle Pods are fantastic for a regular summer heat, what we are experiencing is extreme to say the least! A friend told us about Sleepy Wings, which they use for their 6mo daughter. We were definitely interested but could only find them online so put the idea away in the back of our minds as we were hoping to just buy in a store so we could see the product properly. Then the heat hit... and the Sleepy Wings came rushing back to mind.
A little info on the sleepy wings...
WHAT IS SLEEPY WINGS
What makes Sleepy Wings so different?
- Can be worn with arms UP or DOWN. (Just rotate the Sleepy Wings 180 degrees for arms down)
- Ideal for wear all year round. Keeping baby cool in Summer or worn over a Sleeping Bag in Winter.
- Stops scratching their delicate skin. Ideal for eczema sufferers.
- Reduces the startling reflex.
- Optional use of the dummy pockets provides baby self access to retrieve their own dummy.
- Ideal for use in the car or pram.
- Makes transferring baby easier without disturbing their sleep.
- Promotes longer sleep as baby cannot escape or free themself from Sleepy Wings.
- Keeps wondering hands in place during milk feeds.
- Keeps babies chest clear from overheating and keeps hips free and un-swaddled.
Sleepy Wings is an innovative, easy to use sleep swaddling jacket that takes seconds to put on.
Slept safely on their back, a baby’s preferred sleep position is to have their hands up beside their face.Designed to only cover a baby’s arms, it makes the use of Sleepy Wings ideal for all seasons. Sleepy Wings allows a baby to comfort themselves with access to their mouth to self console, reducing their startling and scratching.
We ordered 2 pairs from Little Baby Buds (free postage within Australia!). They arrived within the week just in time for the forecast 45 degree heat. I can only say WOW!
Not only did it mean bubs could sleep unwrapped and therefore cooler than the swaddle but she now sleeps 8-10 hour stints at night! I am so glad that we decided to try these and will definitely put them on my list of things to buy any expecting parents that I know!
This is our little Sleepy Wing bubba, I think she looks pretty happy and comfy!
(not a paid post, I don't have that sort of following but it would be nice :P )